Bitcoin has taken the financial world by storm, and is one of the fastest growing payment methods around. If you’re a crypto enthusiast who wants to use Bitcoin to deposit and play slots, you’re in the right place. Choose from any of our reviewed BTC casinos below.
[Crypto table here]
Cryptocurrency hit the mainstream in 2017, as Bitcoin reached an all time high of $20,000. The fast increase in Bitcoin’s price attracted large numbers of speculators hoping to make a quick profit, and generated news coverage around the world. However, Bitcoin quickly lost its value and continued to decline during much of 2018. Most people buying Bitcoin during the peak didn’t know or didn’t care about the benefits of Bitcoin as a form of payment. But even though the mania subsided as cryptos lost their value, the use of cryptocurrency transactions has continued to grow. Thousands of people use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as forms of payments at an ever-growing number of places. And one of the sectors that has adopted Bitcoin for transactions is the online casino industry.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin aims to allow users all around the world to make online monetary transactions extremely quickly and securely. Bitcoin is produced by the combined power of thousands of computers all around the world. You might have heard about some people that have invested a lot of money in buying powerful machines so that they could “mine” Bitcoin. The process of mining involves the solving of various complex algorithms, which requires high specification hardware to handle the intensive computations. The product of this mining process are units of Bitcoins.
The underlying technology behind Bitcoin is called blockchain. A blockchain is also known as distributed ledger, and consists of multiple records held on different participants’ computers across the internet, which makes it practically impossible to hack or change, thus providing Bitcoin’s security.
Another unique thing about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is that they are not regulated by any central authority like a central bank or a government. This lack of oversight, or freedom from control, depending how you view it, makes Bitcoin attractive to people who don’t trust central banks to manage traditional money. It’s worth noting that sometimes regulators will make a pronouncement about Bitcoin, which can send the price sharply up or down.
Today, using Bitcoin to play online slots isn’t quite as straightforward as using cash or credit cards. Perhaps in the future it will be, but for now you’ll need a little technical know-how. It’s not as easy to make deposits and withdrawals as it is with regular methods. You will need to learn how to use a Bitcoin wallet, for one. Also, you will need to learn how to convert Bitcoin to a regular currency. This is not overly complicated – but still, it’s a bit more challenging than using regular methods, especially for beginners. However, we believe that the benefits of learning how to use Bitcoin by far outweigh the costs.
How to choose a Bitcoin slots casino?
Let’s say that your entire goal here is to find an online casino where you can play slots by depositing Bitcoin. How can you go about this? Well, there are several factors that you need to consider:
- The availability of cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin as payment methods. This is the core most important factor without which you cannot really hope to gamble with Bitcoin. And most of the online casinos don’t really feature cryptocurrencies as viable payment methods. But the good news is that more and more online casinos are starting to accept Bitcoin casino deposits.
- Is the casino legit? If the casino features Bitcoin payments, then it doesn’t always mean the casino is completely legitimate. In fact, given the fact that the cryptocurrencies are largely unregulated – one could argue that the casinos that feature them can be shadier than the regular casinos. This is not necessarily the case – but you should always look into the casino licenses and read some unbiased reviews (like the ones on SlotRu) just to make sure that you’re safe.
- The games. The games are the most fun thing about online casinos – and this is why people come and play. If you see some great games from the top slot developers like NetEnt’s Gonzo’s Quest or Microgaming’s Game of Thrones – then you know you’re in good hands. Be sure to only play in the casinos that have the most exciting games from leading developers. And we’re not talking solely about slots, either – there are roulette, baccarat, blackjack, poker – and many other casino games you can play with Bitcoin.
- Customer support. This is a crucially important field when you’re Bitcoin gambling. Most casinos will talk about their high level of customer support, but don’t take this at face value. You should test it out for yourself – or read reviews and casino forums. Only in this way can you be certain that the particular casino’s customer support has your back.
Bitcoin casino welcome bonuses
One of the best things about online gambling, as compared to regular gambling – are the bonuses. You will see that most online casinos will grant you access to many different bonuses. And the biggest bonuses are usually those reserved for the new players. The casino has a vested interest in attracting the attention of new players. So, it’s logical that the welcome bonuses will be big. There are different types of welcome bonuses:
- Welcome deposit match bonus. If you want to get this bonus, then what you will need to do is create an account in an online casino that features it – and make a deposit. The size of this bonus tends to vary between online casinos. Some casinos are so confident that they will give you upwards of $1,000 in a 200% match. Most casinos aren’t as generous, though, and you can expect around $300 in a 100% deposit match bonus as the median average.
- The welcome free spins bonus. The slots are some of the most popular online gambling games. And the casinos capitalize on their addictiveness by giving players free spins. The free spins are typically tied up to the most popular slots in the casino. You will tend to see that the slot “Starburst” by NetEnt is heavily favored when it comes to free spins. In either case – free spins are a popular bonus among online gamblers.
- No deposit bonuses. Some casinos even go so far as to not even require a deposit in order to grant you a bonus. Now, before you start jumping up and down in excitement – there are drawbacks. First, these bonuses tend to be a lot smaller than the “deposit” bonuses. And the winnings that you can get with the use of these bonuses are limited, too. But still, they are a welcome addition in the field of online gambling.
Now, the best part is that some casinos tend to promote and favor the use of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. And they offer huge bonuses for the gamblers that will use Bitcoin to make deposits and withdrawals. Just make sure to read the terms and conditions – this will tell you how best to go about using the bonuses.
A very important subject for Bitcoin casinos is that of mobile support. If the casino features mobile support in the form of a mobile website or an app – then it means that you can play games on your smartphone. You can do this on the go, provided you can access the internet. And it makes things that much easier, simpler, and more fun. You will see that most legit, popular casinos feature apps for Android and iOS. If the mobile websites use HTML5 technology – then it means that cross-platform compatibility is ensured.
Types of Bitcoin slots
There are a few different kinds of slots. You can learn more about them below:
- Classic slots. If you have been to a brick and mortar casino, then you will immediately recognize the classic slots. These slots feature a handful of pay lines and a number of different symbols – most frequently fruits. They are readily available in the world of online gambling, too.
- Video slots. These are the modern versions of the so-called classic slots. They tend to involve developed storylines and characters, alongside huge improvements in graphics. You will see that some of the visuals in the video slots are on par with the best of what Hollywood can offer. These are, by far, the most popular slots in online casinos.
- Progressive jackpots. The progressive jackpots utilize potentially huge prize pools. Money is constantly being streamlined in these pools from many different sources. And you shouldn’t be surprised to see that there may be potentially millions of dollars at play here. One lucky winner will hit the progressive jackpot and it will change their life. However, the odds are overwhelming that you won’t hit the progressive jackpot. It’s your choice to determine whether you will try getting the life changing sum of money.
By now you have learned all you need when it comes to Bitcoin slots. You can download a mobile app and make a Bitcoin deposit from your smartphone and be rewarded with a huge welcome deposit match bonus that you can use for playing the best Bitcoin slots. Have fun!